Facilities Information Management
Facilities Information Management (FIM) is the university’s approach to capturing information on all new construction, renovations, repairs, and equipment replacement projects, while leveraging it for building lifecycle facilities management.
The George Washington University’s FIM Procedures Manual outlines our requirements for BIM, 2D CAD, operations and maintenance manuals, and our asset information exchange table. The FIM Procedures Manual also outlines the responsibilities of designers, builders, and GW employees on all projects and building modifications.
GW FIM Documents
- FIM Procedures Manual (.pdf)
- Form 1 - BIM Project Execution Plan (.doc)
- Form 2 - OmniClass Table 23 (.xls)
- Form 3 - Exchange Template (.xls)
- Form 4 - O and M Transmittal Checklist (.pdf)
- Form 5 - Revit File Template (.zip)
- Form 6 - DWG Space Layering Template (.dwg)